Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

L.I.F.E. - Looking Inside & Future Evaluation

I am truly blessed.

I am. I cannot believe what this past 7-8 months has done for me and I can't believe how great it has been.

If you can't handle a happy, cheesy, post, get out now (and read my other blogposts about outlooks! and my daily approach to life: http://jsulecki.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-i-do-things.html & http://jsulecki.blogspot.com/2011/11/high-expectations-and-outlooks.html) because this post is purely positive, as most of mine are.

I don't know of too many people who can say they LOVE their job, do you? Most of you who read this will probably say no. And I feel for ya, I have had a few jobs that I just couldn't stand. Cleaning bathrooms at a golf course, working in a grocery store for six years, working on grounds crew at my school, pretty much anything before I graduated. Since then I have had 3 jobs, one was a temporary thing that well worth the ride. The other two are my current jobs. More details you ask? Let's have a looksie at what I'm talking about.

Working for R&E Tours, an educational touring company, really opened up my eyes to something, I know basically nothing. For the month I worked with R&E Tours I went to Washington D.C. twice, Arlington National Cemetery, Gettysburg, Notre Dame, and Chicago. I have acquired my thirst for knowledge and facts while traveling to these different locations and a few more. Since my travels I have looked up facts and information on the internet, I have downloaded "Fact Apps" & "Grammar Apps" (I was never good with grammar, and my girlfriend had just recently purchased me a book full of fun and interesting facts. I love learning new things and I kind of wish I had this thirst for knowledge before heading to school but I guess it is better late than never. I've learned a lot and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

As you may have read in past posts, or if you've talked to me over the last two to three months, you know that I have been substitute teaching. At first, I never thought that this would a be a big impact on my life, it was merely a suggestion by a former high school teacher to pick up a couple of bucks. However, I must say one thing in regard to the initial thought of just a way to make money, WOW. I am amazed at how much I enjoy substitute teaching, it is an absolute blast. Not only do I get to make a slight difference in kid's lives but I get to dress up every day for work. I love throwing on shirts, ties, and sweaters, all thanks to the big bro Eddie Sulecki !
  Back to the action, it feels great to be able to teach these kids, what a privilege it is. If you're wondering I am "The Cool Sub" but not because I just let them bs, nope, not at all. I actually teach what the teacher leaves me to teach them. Obviously if it's grammar or another subject I'm not comfortable with (or don't know) I'll stick to the worksheets, but if I do know the subject enough then you better believe I'm teaching that day. And I love it, its truly fun and I cannot believe I have the opportunity to do teach children when I'm still a young chap myself.

I also work at the Geneva Lodge and Conference Center. I never would have thought that I would've had a job in my desired field a year out of college, however I got a job in six weeks with a phenomenal company. It's a great place to work and I truly love it, I belong in this field, I know it. There are times when I find myself waking out of a slight daze to find myself thinking "Yep, I'm at work right now." but it doesn't seem like work. Which, again, is just amazing. I love my job. Whether I'm driving the wine shuttle or working the front desk, working with people is my passion. I am grateful to be working in this industry and I hope to grow and expand to greater things soon!

I was talking to my friend Shane's mom the other night and I was telling her how much I enjoyed my jobs and how I wouldn't trade them for anything. I'm truly blessed to be in my current situation.

All this talk about jobs has made me thirsty, temporary break in typing is necessary, diet mountain dew break.

On top of my jobs I still have my family, friends, and girlfriend.

I have finally achieved what I believe to be a nice balance in spending time with all three. I have had some time with the guys, some time with family, and some time with my girlfriend. There have been times where they overlap as well, gf & family together, friends & family, and gf & friends too! It has been great and again would not trade what I have for anything.

I am truly blessed.

These above topics make me think of my future. It is really exciting to see everything fall into place and work out so well. I expect it to only go uphill from here as I continue to work and build my friendships and relationship. If things keep shaping up the way they are right now then I have good reason to believe that the trend will continue. I may surprise myself along the way or I may be surprised by my great situation I am in now as well. Life is GREAT and I am so thankful for all who have been a part of it.

The future is exciting and nervous but I have the tools to control it and make it mine.

One last little note: My comedy has not sucked lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment