Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

They Grow Up So Fast (That's What She Said)

Ever remember any adult saying that to your parents about you? You don't really think about it but wow, we really do grow up fast, it's bizarre. And going to the title, yes I said it. Well, I guess she did actually but that doesn't matter. This blog is going to be about my thoughts of putting on my big boy pants and stories about me taking them off.

These last few weeks I have been doing some running around getting drug tested, background checks, filling out and turning in paperwork. For what you ask? I'm happy you did ask actually, I have been doing all of this paper work for my second job. This second job being a quote "Grown Up Job" and that job is? Substitute Teaching. Those who know me know that I want to get into Hotel and Hospitality Management. And to those of you who don't know me I want to get into Hotel and Hospitality Management. So with my new found second job, since I'm actually getting two different sub jobs this week, I guess this means I have to grow up a little bit. WRONG. I am growing up and getting a great second job but am I really getting older and wiser?

As these past few years have gone on I have become more and more social and increasingly immature. Now I don't mean immature like I cry about everything, that was only once, but I mean that I care less and less about what I do and how others think of me. Again, don't think I'm throwing lit firecrackers at seagulls or leaving an upper-decker in a Dairy Queen, but I turn around what people say about me and just use it to my advantage. My friends, we will call them "Tom" and "Gus" for simplicity sake, made fun of me because of an adult-story I once told them a few years back. This resulted in a semi-inappropriate gesture of me pointing at an area of my body saying "It's right here" at times. So, for those anxiously awaiting the aforementioned depantsing story here it is: One night, Tom, Gus, "Justin" and "Brett" (other friends) were sitting around one night watching a show on tv, all of the sudden jokes start flying left and right, the jokes turn into them making fun of me for my adult-story. So to put a silence to all of the wish-wash thrown in my direction, I swiftly take off my sweatpants, leaving only boxers on, and I walk over to Gus, throw my leg up onto the couch and while forming a right angle with my legs, I stare him in the eyes and say "It's Right Here". I even have a tweet regarding this tale, look up @suzlooky on may 4th. Looking back on that story I now realize I am in serious need of professional help. The first step to recovery is admitting it.

I enjoy the feeling I get when I make people laugh and if that means not being serious then so be it. I'll be the most ridiculous person you've ever met if you give me enough time to get to know you and your sense of humor.

Now back on the feeling of growing up, I feel that growing up is necessary for all of us to make it to the next level in terms of careers, success, and life (obviously) but maybe taking two steps back every once in a while isnt a bad thing. And who says you can't have a little fun along the way? Taking things so seriously can do really mess with you, I know, I used to take many things seriously. But as the old saying goes, "Laughter is the best medicine." and I can totally agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment